tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 27 17:36:37 1997

Re: nuqneH

At 01:10 PM 8/27/97 -0700, muHwI' wrote:
> [Qov wrote]
>>>nuqneH.
>> There is divided opinion on whether it is appropriate for you, who wants
>> something (our attention) to come onto the list and say something that
>> means roughly "whatdyawant" to us.
>In my opinion, it shouldn't be used in this case, when asking something.
>> Some say it still means that.
>> Some say it's just a greeting with no literal meaning.
>I don't think it is a greeeting like Terrans use greetings.
>I only use it when somebody approaches ME and talks to ME.
>Any opinions?

Lots of opinions, muHwI', which I summarized in the posting you responded
to.  Your opinion is shared by many and perfectly valid. People all over the
listserver may cringing at this too-often repeated thread, but with the
information on p. 184-185 of KGT some people may want to reconsider those
opinions.

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginning Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level