tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 27 16:49:19 1997

"Soldiers of the Empire" and KGT

	qoror here.  Frankly, all of Marc Okrand's shameless catering to the
Paramount writers (Separ, mevyap, lIngta', etc.) disgusts me.  It's also amuses
me, and I can't quite analyze it.  Here's something very underhanded based on
"Soldiers of the Empire."  First it describes a ritual done pretty much verbatim
in that show, then "...and then [the captain] reverts to the ancient language
form no' Hol and says, {Delaq Do'}, meaning something like 'Take your stations,'
a phrase never heard in any other context."
	AAARRGGGGHHHH!

Back to archive top level