tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 29 07:31:31 1997

Re: Qep'a'

> I would like to hear more about this Qep'a'.
> Please tell what you can. All mail will be
>read and answered.

I have never been at any {qep'a'}, but from all that they have told me it is
a great Klingon reunion or conference. You meet there with some other from
the mailing list and the KLI in order to speak one week of Klingon. There are
some parties, contests,  and if you're lucky you will meet Marc Okrand, the
"inventor" of Klingon Language, and ask him some questions. Usually there is
a newword "made" at the qep'a'.There are demonstrations about some Klingon
stuff, short Klingon courses, and of course a lot of eating: breakfast,
lunch, banquet, dinner, lunch etc.

This is the best way to study Klingon, or any other language. If there is a
word you don't know, say it in english, and then somebody will answer in
Klingon and from then you will always remember the word.

You can get more information from the KLI's Website www.kli.org, there are
also some pictures to see from the third conference. (I dunno where exactly I
got those pics).

I intend to go to the {qep'a' wa'maHDIch}, because I will be old enough and
because it is a nice number.

muHwI'
Stardate 97661.5

Back to archive top level