tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 23 07:40:44 1997

Re: A KGT Pun

On 22 Aug 97 at 19:52, Joel Peter Anderson wrote:

> > 	qoror here.  Here's a pun from KGT I just noticed myself.  {Sub}
> > = "hero."  And for those not understanding it and irritated by
> > people who assume it to be self-evident (often including me):
> > Superman. Qapla'
>
> Um, "A hero ain't nothin' but a sandwich".  Like the "Sub" sandwich
> so popular at the world-spanning "Sub"way chain, qar'a'?
> (The "Hero" sandwich is identical to the "Sub" sandwich.)

World-spanning? Definately not in the Netherlands. The above is near
to complete jibberish to me, as far as actualy meaning is concerned.
Nearly everything referenced in it seems to be something cultural
and/or local that I've never heard of before.

I like the Superman one better. At least I get that one (the
character played by Richard Pryor in Superman III called our
kryptonic friend Sub, right?).

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level