tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 23 08:15:02 1997

Re: A KGT Pun

qaSDI' 07:58 AM 8/23/97 -0700, ghItlh qeSHIr:

>On 22 Aug 97 at 19:52, Joel Peter Anderson wrote:
>World-spanning? Definately not in the Netherlands. The above is near
>to complete jibberish to me, as far as actualy meaning is concerned.
>Nearly everything referenced in it seems to be something cultural
>and/or local that I've never heard of before.

You're quite right.  In America a "subway" or "sub" is a large sandwich,
usually about a foot long.  It is also sometimes called a "hero sandwhich."
 Hence the pun.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level