tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 23 07:39:37 1997

Re: Correct state of my name list

On 22 Aug 97 at 14:56, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> >Mmm, watch your sentence order. This litterally says "I, Jarno
> >Peschier, salute you" instead of the "I salute you, Jarno Peschier"
> > you obviously meant.
> >
> >That would be: Jarno Peschier qavan. And you could also use my
> >Klingon name and just make it the following: peSHIr qavan.
>
> Not so.  Read TKD section 5.6.  Direct address terms can come at the
> beginning or the end of a sentence.  They are not (necessarily)
> fill-ins for the subject or object.

bIlugh
It seems I need to read my copy of TKD more often...

It still seems strange though. Without the comma it really means
only that the name/word used in direct address is the subject if I
see it in writing. Must be me...

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level