tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 22 14:28:04 1997

Re: yu-bIm-'egh

>Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 22:13:46 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>
>
>The non-Klingon lyrics presented on the Simon&Schuster web site are too
>polished to be anything but the original, in my opinion.  I'd rather be
>impressed with Marc Okrand's ability to fit a Klingon translation of the
>words to the existing music. :-)

Yeah, that's too bad, isn't it?  The Klingon is very obviously a
translation of the English, which is much smoother and more poetic (and
even uses English poetical devices, like blood washing clean...)  Oh well.

~mark

Back to archive top level