tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 21 17:13:16 1997

Re: Gowran's name

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Jarno Peschier wrote:

|Is that how his name is written? Is that for sure? Because in my list
|I've got "ghowron". I don't remember where exactly I got that from
|(probably from this very mailinglist some time ago). I do think
|"ghawran" better matches the way Gowron (yes, I thought it was
|Gowron, not Gowran) is often spoken in TNG. Is the Klingon spelling
|of this guys name set in stone already, and if so, what exactly is it?

It's {ghawran}.  Okrand spells it thus in Skybox cards S25 and S26. The
latter, in fact, also gives canonical spellings for the Duras sisters,
Lursa and B'Etor:  {DuraS be'nI'pu' lurSa' be'etor je}.

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level