tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 18 12:32:14 1997

Re: My intro.

[email protected] on behalf of Amanda wrote:

>    Hi fellow Klingons! My name is Amanda. I just subscribed onto the list
> because a friend of mine, Jenny, told me about it.

Hi!  I'm SuStel, the list's Beginners' Grammarian.  The BG's job is to help
out newcomers in learning the basics of Klingon.  If you put the letters
"KLBC" in the beginning of the subject line, it'll signal me that it's a job
for the BG, and I'll get to your questions as soon as possible.  Or, if you
think you're ready to start talking in Klingon, put KLBC in there, and
converse with other beginners.  I'll help you out as you go along.  KLBC also
means "Don't respond to this question before the BG does."  That way, you
won't get half a dozen people giving you conflicting advice all at once.

When starting out, be sure to include an English translation of what you're
trying to say.  If I don't know what you meant, it's hard to advise you.

Be sure to visit these two web pages if you haven't already:

The Klingon Language Institute
http://www.kli.org

this lists' FAQ:
http://www.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm