tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 18 12:31:58 1997

Re: KLBC: 153 jaj - Qang wIlyam

On Stardate 97626.8 muHwI' wrote:

> In my homepage I talk about President Clinton.
> >From Hamlet we have a word for "William".
> can I say {Qang wIlyam *Clinton*}
> Or should I just say *President William J. Clinton* ?

If you're going to mark names, then Hamlet names must be marked, too.  Only
names used by Okrand are not marked.

For anything other than the mailing list, though, I don't mark names.
Usually, this involves a smaller group of people, who will understand the fact
that I'm using a name.

"President" is {che'wI'}.  I believe this will go after the name, just like
other ranks and titles.

*William J. Clinton* che'wI'
President William J. Clinton

--