tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 16 16:24:46 1997

KLBC?: Gilbert and Sullivan

	qoror here.  I've just translated a stanza from The Pirates of Penzance,
and I'm very pleased with it.  I'm not sure whether this should be classified as
KLBC, but if SuStel decides it is, feel free to classify it as that.

	Come, friends, who plow the sea!
	Truce to navigation!
	Take another station!
	Let's vary piracy
	With a little burglary!

	loghDaq lengwI'pu' neH!
	machIj 'ej wImevjaj!
	latlh yaH wItaghjaj!
	maHeS 'e' wISermoHmeH
	loQ manIHchoH DaH wIneH!

	I'd like a better word than {chIj} in the second line -- maybe there's a
new better word.  I don't want to use {leng} because that would seem too
repetitious.  {HeS} is a bit unsatisfactory too.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level