tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 17 20:41:00 1997

Re: Why Klingon ?

Why study Klingon?

1.* I'm a long-time original Trek fan
2.* I purchased (but little used) the Klingon Dictionary being discarded
	(!) by a public library.
3 * tlhIngan Hol vIHaDtaH 'e' muta'meH be'nalwI' - My wife made me do it!
  [She spied a community education bulletin for Glen Proechel's course
	being offered.  She has been a good sport about it, even if she
	may regret my continued interest and involvement in things
	Klingon.]

There is a grand silliness in the game that is wrapped up in the Klingon
languages, but overall knowing and studying Klingon has been a wonderful
conversation starter (or stopper; kind of a test of the tolerance of
people).

When people understand the depth of the language, the interesting things
being done with it and how far and wide it has spread - it almost never
fails to spark the "sense of wonder" that great Science Fiction can
engender: the grand "What If?" that makes people stop and "salute the
stars", considering the wonder that surrounds all of us.

** joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]   **
****   Hegh tI, 'ej ngab tI naH, 'ach reH taHtaH joH'a'maj mu'****
**"The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our **
** God stands forever." Isaiah 40.8 NLT** http://umn.edu/~joela **

Back to archive top level