tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 14 19:30:11 1997

Re: KGT

ghItlh Duncan Barrett:

>(But what about the enormous goof on p.55!

? yIQIj...

>SoH ghuHmoHlu'
>naDev yIn yIHmey

I think it's ok - I'd understand it. Perhaps *yIghuHmoH!* would be better
for "Warning!".

Hey, SuStel and charghghghwI'!

ghuH = prepare for, be alerted to - needs an object, yes?

ghuHmoH = alert, OR lit. cause someone or something to be alerted to or
prepared for... needs agent AND object!?!?!

Is it OK to use  -moH on such an inherently transitive verb, and not use a
proper object, as in Duncan's example above? If ghuH was an either/or verb
like Sop or yaj, it would be clear. But would this _require_ an object?

Qermaq

Back to archive top level