tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 14 19:13:39 1997

Re: KGT

[email protected] on behalf of Duncan Barrett wrote:

> ps.  Can anyone tell me (I won't trouble the BG with a KLBC)

Ooh, but it's got a new word opportunity!

> if this is
> acceptable for the sign, "Warning!  Tribbles live here":
>
> SoH ghuHmoHlu'

You missed the verb prefix.  Check out TKD section 4.2.5.

SoH DaghuHmoHlu'

or just

DaghuHmoHlu'
Someone alerts you.

This is a pretty roundabout thing to say.  How about just

qIm!
Pay attention!  (Clipped Klingon, since you don't know if it should be {yIqIm}
or {peqIm} before you write it.)

> naDev yIn yIHmey

"Tribbles live here."

Time for the new word:

naDev DabtaH yIHmey
Tribbles dwell here.

There's always been question as to whether or not {yIn} refers to the
biological processes of the body, or also the fact of one's long-term
existence in a location.  Now, we see that it's probably not the latter.

Note also that {naDev} could either be working as it normally does, or be the
object of the sentence, since {Dab} means "reside in/at, dwell in/at."

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level