tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 14 15:32:33 1997

Some more jokes in KGT

  I was happy to see jokes in some words in KGT. Some examples not yet
mentioned:
qID (like "to kid someone")
chuH (like "chuck something")
na'ran (sounds like orange slightly, as well as naranja (Spanish for orange))
quD (i.e., [cow] cud)
runpI' (I'll let you figure this one out on your own)

There also two KLI-originated words in the word list (at the bottom of page
231, and about half-way down page 216).

Considering the immensity of the new vocab, I was surprised to see that the
biggest apparent mistake in the book was the duplication of the "woj" error
from the KLI's word list (by listing "woj" instead of "Sayqu'moH" as
"sterilize").  The Klingon-English vocabulary list alone is as big as the
entire TKD Addendum, so this is can easily be dismissed.

-Tad "taD" Stauffer

Back to archive top level