tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 12 05:02:19 1997

Can anyone confirm?

Last month, I read the Pocket Books' Guide to The Federation, a tiny
pocket handbook to the Federation done after the manner of a Berlitz
hand guide. It was published by SSI in 1997, according to the blurb. The
author is Michael Jan Friedman.

The Klingon article contains the following line of dialogue, which went
something like

<That is not my dagger protruding from your midsection>
tajwIj 'oHbe' chorlIj jeqbogh Dochvetlh'e'

or something like that. No reference to Marc Okrand was made in the
credits. I regret I had to let the book go - it belonged to a friend.

Can you confirm sightings of this strange verb *jeq* with its assigned
meaning "to protrude from?" Can you also confirm its, er, pedigree?