tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 11 23:32:31 1997

Re: buy' ngop?

ja' peHruS:
>If we could recast the lyrics' word order, SuvwI' yoH matlh without any
>conjunction would be perfect grammar according to what I have learned about
>tlhIngan Hol grammar so far.

No, we don't have any examples of multiple adjectival verbs.  TKD says that
verbs used this way *immediately* follow the noun.  There's only room for
one such verb.  If we follow the rules we know so far, using two verbs this
way is not necessarily perfect grammar.

I can very nearly justify {yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI'} using the "also"
adverbial meaning of {je}, but it's still unlike the other examples we've
seen of multiple {-bogh} verbs applying to the same head noun.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level