tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 12 09:25:16 1997

Re: buy' ngop?

[email protected] on behalf of [email protected] wrote:

> If we could recast the lyrics' word order, SuvwI' yoH matlh without any
> conjunction would be perfect grammar according to what I have learned about
> tlhIngan Hol grammar so far.

I've just finished reading Klingon for the Galactic Traveler, and on page 82
you'll find a bit which explains that multiple adjectival verbs on a noun is
not allowed.  (Ah!  Vindication! :)  Okrand's formula for recasting this would
be

yoH SuvwI' 'ej matlh
or
yoHbogh SuvwI' 'ej matlhbogh