tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 10 20:11:05 1997

Re: KLBC story: bemorngan tIqIH

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997 12:40:05 -0700 (PDT)  Marian Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ghItlh charghwI'
> >I'm not sure this is true. I don't remember any canon use of
> >{choH} as a verb, and the definition is "alter, change". I
> >don't think of "alter" as intransitive, though "change" is
> >either in English. Given that {Dub} exists only in the
> >transitive sense in canon, I'd favor interpreting {choH} in the
> >transitive sense until I see evidence otherwise.
>
> You want evidence?  TKD itself!  There's "choH" defined as "change" and
> "choHmoH" defined as "change".  Riddle-me-that!
> Qapla'
> qoror

Would you might giving me a page number in TKD for that mention
of "choHmoH". I don't see it. I don't have choHmoH listed in any
of my dictionaries. If it is really there, I would like to
update my dictionaries.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level