tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 10 09:11:34 1997

Re: more on vegh

In a message dated 97-08-08 08:35:50 EDT,qoror writes:

<< >Why don't you put a nice, well understandable
 >explanation of {vegh} into the FAQ?
 >The explanation I got from DIoraH right after
 >the {qep'a'} was enough for me to understand the word.
 >It's just a new word, one of so many words.
 >I don't think you gonna use that word from now
 >on in every Klingon phrase you use, are you?<

 bIlughchu'.  None of this discussion has changed my view of how to use the
word
 one iota.  pemev! >>

Defending discussion on the listserv:

Actually, this type of discussion has helped me immensely with a number of
words that MO has given us, in TKD without context, for example.  I believe
we all have gained deeper insight into individual words through the
discussions.  I, for one, looked at TKD's {jotlh} as a secretary taking down
notes.  Through a short listserv discussion I have been alerted to the fact
that {jotlh} means "take an object down off a shelf or other overhead
structure."

Still, I like seeing the results of MO's postings to MSN explaining words.  I
would love to get the correct usage for all the tlhIngan Hol words we have
had revealed to us.  An FAQ would be great.  I'm awaiting anxiously every
explanation and every contextual usage MO provides.

peHruS

Back to archive top level