tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 08 17:09:02 1997

Re: KLBC

Adam Hadani (loDDoq) wrote:

>   1)do u have any idea how do i say that something holy,like the bible
> or something like that?
>  i've searched for saint,holy,sacred but still havnt found anything.
> is there a word for that?

Given a Klingon mindset, I've almost always translated "holy" or
"blessed" with {quv} or {quvqu'}.  However, I always seem to forget
{mIgh} means "be evil", so {mIghHa'} seems our best bet for "holy" (or
at least, "good" in the anti-evil sense).

Klingon probably doesn't have a direct equivalent for "saint" in the
religious sense.  "Sacred" might be possible, though I'm not sure we
could do it with the vocabulary we have.

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level