tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 08 17:08:53 1997

Re: zan ?

Chico Santiago wrote:

> I'm looking for the meaning of the word "zan".  I have seen it in a
> couple of  Star Trek books where a Klingon bridge crew member is
> addressed as "zan".  Is this equivilent to "Mr."?

"zan" is from John M. Ford's Klingon novel "The Final Reflection", which
was written *before* we had tlhIngan Hol.  His language was called
"klingonaase", but wasn't fully developed.  Yes, "zan" is roughly
equivalent to "Mister" as a title or form of address, but it is used
with the Klingon's personal name (in my case, "zan Qob") and not his
Line name.

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level