tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 08 09:14:32 1997

Re: KLBC : "cha'wIgh"vo'

[email protected] on behalf of Norman Thomas wrote:
> Can I presume that my subject line - not having been commented on - is
> tacitly approved?

{cha'wIghvo'} means "from cha'wIgh."  By itself it's fine.  However, to be in
a complete sentence, you'd have to find an appropriate verb to attach it to.
TKD says nouns with {-vo'} cannot be attached to other nouns (though there has
been recent debate about this).

> I want to say "revenge is sweet".
>
> Considering Klingon taste for things sour I believe I should saywIb
> bortaS

I remember hearing that we might be getting "be sweet" in the next book.  Hold
out for a little while longer.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian