tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 07 12:10:53 1997

Re: KLBC : AAF continued

I have to step in on SuStel's behalf here. As a former
beginner's grammarian, I ask you to be sensitive to the load
you are placing on SuStel. Yes, you put forth a considerable
effort to translate the poetry, but SuStel is telling you that
you got enough of it wrong that he cannot answer you
meaningfully within the context of a normal exchange between BG
and the members of the KLBC.

You are one of many people seeking his attention. If everyone
asked this much of him, he would fail. He has a life. He offers
much to answer so many as thoroughly as he does. Please do not
abuse his attention. His request of you is quite appropriate.
Your request of him is not.

Please work on things more within your current skill levels in
quantities that can be managed by a grammarian also dealing
with many other people.

charghwI'

According to Norman Thomas:

> David Trimboli wrote:
>
> > I really think that translating poetry or song, especially of this
> > sort, is a
> > bit too much for KLBC.  You're grammar isn't quite up to it, so I'd
> > have to
> > rewrite everything.
> >
> > When you're at the stage you're at now, it's best not to worry about
> > translating poetry and song.  Stick to getting the rules down.
> >
> > --
> > SuStel
> > Beginners' Grammarian
> > Stardate 97598.4
>
>    Well, Mr. Shush-tell, I'm sorry you feel that way. After the
> considerable effort that I put into the translation of the Australian
> national anthem I think you could at least give me a run down of the
> main points of where I went wrong.
> cha'wIgh

Back to archive top level