tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 05 09:28:19 1997

KLBC: We've golden soil

cha'wIgh asked some questions and I thought SuStel could help me a little
with some of his questions:

>We've golden soil and wealth for toil
>yav SuDwI' maghaj 'ej vum *in exchange for* Huch
>this is the next line of Advance Australia Fair.
        {yav SuD vum *in exchange for* Huch je DIghaj}
        do I need {DI-} or {wI-} ?
[..]
>3. putting the second sentence into simpler English would render it as
>"money in exchange for work". There is a verb *tam* but I don't think it
>fits the sense here since it means substitute as in substituting one
>spare part for another.
        I couldn't answer to that...
>Does the verb need to be repeated after *'ej*?
        vISovbe'. Probably yes because it has to be a whole sentence, qar'a'
?
>pechuS
        Be noisy! vImughchu''a'?
>cha'wIgh