tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 05 06:57:06 1997

We've golden soil

We've golden soil and wealth for toil
yav SuDwI' maghaj 'ej vum *in exchange for* Huch
this is the next line of Advance Australia Fair.
I couldn't find words for 1. soil so I used *yav* [ground]
2. golden : I used the verb *SuD* [to be green,yellow,blue] with the
noun-making suffix *wI'* as I think yellow is as close as I'm going to
find to gold.
3. putting the second sentence into simpler English would render it as
"money in exchange for work". There is a verb *tam* but I don't think it
fits the sense here since it means substitute as in substituting one
spare part for another.
Does the verb need to be repeated after *'ej*?
pechuS
cha'wIgh

Back to archive top level