tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 01 08:18:27 1997

The Admiral and the Tribble

SuSvaj Qov je Satlho'.

Your comments inspired me to write the following "tale from the Black Fleet."
 I'm sure you'll find errors in it, but how else do we learn?  I welcome all
comments, both of my grammar and the story.

I call this story simply "The admiral and the tribble"  I hope you like it.

<<<'aj yIH je'>>>

tengchaH tacHDaq lestaH yaspu' law'.

tlhutlhtaH tlhInganpu' puS 'ej SuDtaH tlhInganpu' puS 'ej SuvchuqtaH
tlhInganpu' puS.

lojmIt veghDI' 'aj Hurgh mevpu' Hoch Hoch je.

ghaH bej Hoch SuvwI'pu'.

ghopDaq yIH ghaj.

<<DaHjaj tera'ngan qa'meH vItlegh vIQoy>> jatlh 'aj Hurgh.

<<muHoHbe'chugh vaj muHoSqu'moH>> ja'.

yej 'aj 'ej monHa'.

<<mu'meyvam peqel 'ej yIHvam peHaD>> jatlh

<<lIHoHlaH'a' yIH?>> tlhob 'aj.

Hagh SuvwI'pu' puS.

<<ghobe'. net Sov Hoch qoH. 'ach lIHoSmoHlaH'a'?>> tlhob 'ej mon.

<<HISlaH. pebej 'ej peghoj.>> jatlh 'aj Hurgh.

tajDaj pep 'aj 'ej yIH pe'chu'.

yIH bID SopchoH.

<<QaD>> jatlh yIvtaHvIS.

ghupba'

<<muHoSmoH'a'?  DIch ja'laH Iv?>> jatlh 'aj Hurgh.

<<cha' Dochmey vIyaj neH>> QIj.

<<muHoHba' 'ej DaH jIghungbe'choH.

- - * * pItlh * * - -

English translation follows these line breaks

English translation follows these line breaks

English translation follows these line breaks

English translation follows these line breaks

English translation follows these line breaks

English translation follows these line breaks

English translation follows these line breaks

English translation follows these line breaks

THE ADMIRAL AND THE TRIBBLE

Many officers were relaxing in the space station's lounge.

Several Klingons were drinking, several Klingons were gambling, and several
Klingons were fighting each other.

When the dark admiral came through the door everyone and everything stopped.

In his hand he had a tribble.

All the warriors watched him.

"Today I heard a terran replacment proverb," said the dark admiral.

"If it does not kill me, it makes me strong," he reported.

The admiral paused and frowned.

"Consider these words and study this tribble," he said.

"Can the tribble kill you?" asked the admiral.

A few warriors laughed.

"No. Every fools knows that. But, can it make you strong?" he asked and
smiled?

"Yes. Watch and learn"

The admiral raised his dagger and cut the tribble perfectly.

He began to eat half of the tribble.

"It is dry," he said while chewing.

He swallowed.

"Did it strengthen me? Who can say for sure?" said the dark admiral.

"I understand only two things," he explained.

"The tribble did not kill me, and now I am not hungry."

THE END

Back to archive top level