tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 01 07:03:42 1997

KLBC:Imperative

I asked about the imperative because I want to translate the Australian
national anthem [Advance Australia Fair] into Klingon.
The first line is : -
Australians all let us rejoice for we are young and free
So far I've managed
Straynganpu' Hoch
[stry is the Australian pronunciation of Australia : the language is
strine.]
I think most anthems are going to have the same problems. Certainly
                           God Save the Queen
                             Rule Britannia
                                   and
                             La Marsaillaise