tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 30 14:55:29 1997

Re: Traveller's Phrasebook

: >>7. Where is...
: >>     nuqDaq 'oH' ...
: >>        c. the tourist center?
: >>          ghIQwI' yaH'e'
:
: I thought there might have been a term for "visitor's center" on the MUSH,
: but I couldn't recall it.

*chu'wI' yaH Newcomer's Center KEVE
*meb chovmeH yaH Guest Registration Station KEVE

: >>        c. a good hotel?
: >>          QongmeH Daq Qobbe'
: >
: >I like Qobbe'! :)  I tend to prefer "mebqach" to QongmeH Daq.  The latter
: >sounds more like where the safest stretches of floor are.
:
: A minor quibble: is {mebqach} canon?  On the other hand, maybe the tourist
_is_
: asking for the safest stretch of floor.

No, it isn't but *mebqach is used at the KEVE. Another visit to that virtual
hotel might not be a bad idea. Proechel uses *mebjuH in his "The Warrior
Tongue at Warp Speed" tourist phrasebook. You should take a look at it.

I imagine Okrand's new book "Klingon for the Galactic Traveller" will answer
many of these tourist-type questions.

: >~mark
:
: -- ter'eS