tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 30 15:41:35 1997

RE: SopDaq

jatlh peHruS:

> If we do not claim that all extant knowledge of tlhIngan Hol is the
> extent of what we can know about Klingon culture, SachnISbej tlhIngan Hol
> jay'.

Who is going to be the one to show us the correct expansions?  Who?  You?  Me?
 Perhaps Alec Speers, who has been exposed to Klingon his whole life?

And when someone else makes up something which is obviously absolute nonsense,
how can you possibly tell him that he's wrong?  After all, "SachnISbej
tlhIngan Hol jay'."

> TKD p9 states (MO himself) "This dictionary represents the initial results
of
> that effort." The effort alluded to is a study undertaken to record and
> analyze the language and culture of the Klingons.

Yeah, and any scientist or scholar who makes up the answers before the
evidence is in is irresponsible.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian