tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 25 10:49:24 1997

Re: KLBC: Must

Greetings, David

> > >  I want to say "You MUST die"
> > >
> > >  Is it good:  jIHeghqu'  ?

> {jIHeghqu'} means "I DIE," with "die" emphasized.  It does not mean "you must
> die" at all.
>
> As I said in another post, the "must" will be covered by using the suffix
> {-nIS}.
>
> Oh, yeah: don't forget to capitalize the {I} in {HIja'}.

	Let me see:  When you give an imperative order to someone (yI of course - my
mistake), you have to use -nIS (NEED) to assume a value of MUST, is it?

	Other question.

- naDev QaStaH nuq  (What is going on here?)
- Heghegh (He commit suicide)

	Can I use Heghegh as "commit suicide"? (die himself)

--
Francisco Fonseca; Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
Belo Horizonte MG - Brasil

Back to archive top level