tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 28 21:25:10 1997

KLBC: Must

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, David Trimboli wrote:

> {jIHeghqu'} means "I DIE," with "die" emphasized.  It does not mean "you must
> die" at all.
>
> As I said in another post, the "must" will be covered by using the
> suffix {-nIS}.

Okay, then... Well, according to what you've said, SuStel, we must have a
direct command prefix for "You-none" and the "need" verbal suffix added to
the "to die" verb, and if we are to emphasize it we'll need to add the
emphatic suffix...

So "You MUST die" would be interpreted as "You NEED to die" and thus we'd
have something like.. "yIHeghnISqu'" How is that?

Name : Q'ISto'va (Eliseo Christopher d'Annunzio, Esquire)
Email: [email protected]

Back to archive top level