tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 24 09:12:57 1997

Re: Practicing...

Steven Boozer wrote:

> occasions. This may mean that {-oy} doesn't sound particularly "cutesy" or
> childish when used by adult Klingons (like "Daddy" would to us). Somehow,
> though, I can't imagine Alexander ever calling *his* rigid "paragon of
> virtue" father {vavoy}.
>
> -- Voraghoy

Does this mean that it's okay if I address Lawrence as... darn it!
Lawrence, why did you have to pick a title ("Director") that has no
exact translation into Hol?  What are we supposed to call you?
{loHwI'}?  {DevwI'}?  {toy'wI'}?  (I assume that {pIn} is out due to its
connection to Glen Proechel.)

Qoboy

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')