tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 22 06:18:55 1997

RE: Newbie

[email protected] on behalf of Thomas K. O'Brien wrote:
> ghaH 'Iv?
> My name is Tom O'Brien and I am a physicist at Miami University in Ohio.  I
> am just beginning to learn the warriors language.  Anyone who has advice on
> how to best learn, please let me know.  I have already begun to utilize what
> little I know in the teaching of my introductory labs - 2 of my students are
> fairly fluent!

Hi!  I'm SuStel, the list's Beginners' Grammarian.  My job here is to help out
newcomers and beginners in learning Klingon.  I correct grammar, provide
advice, chat, offer unwanted opinions (well, sometimes) for those trying to
learn Klingon.  We have a system around here: if you put KLBC at the beginning
of the subject line of a message, it marks it as a beginner level topic.  This
may be a question for me, or just conversation with other beginners in
general.  KLBC is not limited onto to participation by beginners, though!
Anyone may contribute.  The rule here is that the first person allowed to
discuss the grammar of a KLBC post is the BG (me).  Once I've gotten through
with it, if there are any corrections or additions you think of, go ahead and
post.  This keeps the beginner's confusion down to a minimum.

The two most important web sites to be aware of, if you are not already:

The Klingon Language Institute
http://www.kli.org

This list's FAQ:
http://www.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm

The best way to learn to speak Klingon?  Practice!  You've got The Klingon
Dictionary, right?  Keep studying it!  And participate in this list!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level