tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 22 06:18:55 1997

RE: KLBC: Re: be'pu'

[email protected] on behalf of Marian Schwartz wrote:
> ghItlh SuStel:
> >jatlh HomDoq:
> >> <<qatlh tlhIngan Hol Daghoj?>> reH mutlhob ghot. meq yajbe'.
>
> >majQa'.  But why remove the {-taH}?  Learning Klingon is a continuous
> >process,
> >not a one-time action.
>
> I myself would use {-lI'} when referring to a beginner.  (Shows confidence
in
> the future!)

Certainly not!  Using {-lI'} would mean that there is a known goal involved in
the process of learning.  I myself am still learning things about Klingon, as
well as becoming more proficient in it.  There is no point at which you stop
and say, "I have learned this."

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian