tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 20 18:54:07 1997

About QongDaq, and Introducing Myself

Hello over there! My name's Rolando Coto, is the first time I ever write,
I'm a student of Klingon just starting (I can say just a few words), and
I'll introduce myself later. But now, I'm so tempted, that I need to
express my opinion about QongDaq.

Maybe QongDaq can be split into the verb Qong "to sleep", and -Daq "at".
So, the term would come something like "the place where the act of sleeping
takes place", "the place where one sleeps", "the place at which sleeping
happens". And, that place, the place in which we sleep, happens to have a
name, a one word translation in english, "bed". Am I right?

Well, my name's Rolando Coto, and I'm from San Jose, Costa Rica, and, as
far as I know, I'm the first person ever from Costa Rica who has studied
tlhIngan Hol (if I'm wrong and someone of you guys out there know a
costarrican who speaks Klingon, TELL ME!!!). Most of the people tell me I'm
nuts, completely out of my mind for "wasting time" in Klingon. But, I love
it!, I speak spanish, english, and japanese, and with the exception of
spanish, Klingon is the best of them all! I'm 16 years old, and I'm really
anxious for really learning Klingon. That's all I have to say by know.
Gracias! Nice to meet you all!

Qapla'. taHjaj wo'.
Rolando Coto
[email protected]