tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 18 06:43:37 1997

Re: KLBC: qay'?

According to Marian Schwartz:

> 	Can "qay'" be used adjectivally?  "Problematic" or something like that?
> Qapla'
> qoror

Good question. Since it is listed as a "to be" type verb, I
would expect that it could be used as such, though I'd have a
little trouble translating it smoothly into English.
"Problematic" would probably be the polite way to translate it,
much like translating {Qu'vatlh} as "Darn it." This is the kind
of nit-picky thing I wish we could just ask Okrand.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level