tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 12 18:42:41 1997

RE: KLBC: Saying

On Saturday, April 12, 1997 9:09 PM, [email protected] on behalf of Lauren
Roze Morrison wrote:
> I was watching Star Trek (in captions) yesterday eve, and I've noticed
> that none of what comes up Klingon is ever in the dictionary such as
> *today is a good day to die*, or is it just me...?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the simple fact is that Okrand has been
consulted for the movies, but not the television shows.  On TV, sometimes the
scriptwriters actually pick up TKD and pull a few words out of it (if we're
lucky).  Usually, though, the Klingons are just reciting jibberish.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level