tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 12 11:08:40 1997

Re: pronunciation of tlh-H

>	By the way, a tidbit about pronunciation I found that might interest you.
>I quote from TKD 1.2: "tlh- This sound is like nothing in English, but it is
>rather like the last sound in "tetl," the Aztec word for "egg," if properly
>pronounced."  (I think that's what it says, at least.)  I discovered from
>another person involved in languages that that's a misnomer.  Aztec actually
>*has* that sound!

I have heard from one source (who's reliability I am not sure of) that
Okrand "borrowed" the sounds of the Klingon alphabet from known terran
languages.  Can anyone confirm this source?

batlh bIHeghjaj!

Banzai

"I say there naughty-spawn, knock off all that evil!"--The Tick

Back to archive top level