tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 11 15:11:07 1997

RE: KLBC: Moving!

On Friday, April 11, 1997 5:04 AM, [email protected] on behalf of Diego
'Mago' De Miguel wrote:

> I'm editing a page at GeoCities and, for a beginning, I've simply typed
>
> "Well! I'm moving... please stand by!"
> I've rendered it into Klingon as:
> maj! jIghoStaH... yIqImtaH!
>
> Is it OK? Any suggestions?

I probably wouldn't say {maj} here.  {maj} expresses satisfaction.  Are you
satisfied about something?

As for "I am moving," there are zillions of ways to say this.  Your is one,
and it's fine.

I especially like your use of {qIm}.  {loS} is "wait (for)," but {qIm} seems
much more appropriate.  One question: are you addressing one person or
multiple people?  If more than one person, you'd have to say {peqImtaH}.

> (Yes, I know all this it's a bit silly and rather basic, but I don't
> want to start my new page with mistakes :)! )

It's not silly.  If you're unsure of the basics, work on *them*, and not the
difficult stuff, first.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian