tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 08 02:08:26 1997

RE: BabelCon 2

Based on What's been coming down betwixt David Trimboli and Bill
Willmerdinger

> > [...] I had needed
> > some technobable once and created "inverter" by putting {-moH} and
> > {-wI'} on {yoy}"be upside down", which Marc said was perfect.
>
> Not that I've ever encountered the need for the word "inverter" . . .

Perhaps once we have the benefit of encountering some nice Klingon
technology we may have the need for such words like "inverter", or (Pardon my
newbieness in this, but I'd be right by saying...) "yoymoHwI'"? (Correct
me if I get it wrong... I'm only just learning :) (No flames please)

> > Yes, there is a new book.  It is
> > scheduled for release in the fall.  It will NOT be another TKW, more
> > like another full-length addendum to TKD; Marc said to think of it as
> > "the Klingon they didn't teach you in school."  He wouldn't go into any
> > detail, but said it will have quite a bit of new vocabulary and grammar,
> > and that some people will wish to kill him for what he's doing.  I
> > gather he's going to be difficult just for the sake of being difficult.
>
> I'm sure I'll be one of them.  But it sounds cool.  Maybe it'll be a sort of
> "TKD taught you formal grammatical rules, now learn how it's REALLY used!"
> That would be fantastic.

Yes, and eventually we'll end up with something on the lines of say,
"Wicked Klingon for the Space Traveller" in the near future... to the
possible point of developing a sketch similar to Monty Python's "Hungarian
Phrasebook" Sketch... Now that I think of it, you wouldn't get very far
with a Klingon insult, would you? Any female klingon would kill you on the
spot the moment the word "Qu'vatlh" left your lips...

Just my 3 bytes worth...

Name : Eliseo "Christopher" d'Annunzio, Esquire
Email: [email protected]
URL  : http://ftoomsh.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~qris

Back to archive top level