tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 08 04:00:00 1997

KLBC: Hello!

I've just joined the list, and I'd just like to say hello.

HELLO!

I've been learning Klingon for about a month now, on and off, and I think I could do with some practice.

As I'm new, I'd just like to ask how many people there are on this list, and where you're all from (Private message is fine).

Well, to get my ball roling, I thought I'd have a go at translating a little sentence, so that you could all poke fun at me, and tell me I'm stupid :-

"They were walking to the river when the stopped for lunch"

I know it isn't exactly amazing, but it was different....

"bIQtIqIqDaq chaH yIttaH 'e' Meghmo' chaH mevpu'Di"

just in case that lot looks like rubbish to most of you, this is how I stumbed my way to get it....

chaH - They

River - bIQtIq       To the river - bIQtIqDaq

Walk - yIt           Walking - yIttaH

Stopped - mevpu'

Lunch - Megh         Due to lunch (?) - meghmo'

meghmo' chaH mevpu' - stopped for lunch

biQtIqDaq chaH yIttaH - they were walking to the river

When they stoped for lunch - meghmo' chaH mevpu'Di

'e' - last sentence (is this needed? I guess it should be)

Well, if you have any comments, don't wait to tell me!

TIA

Bealy

--

[email protected]