tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 02 04:27:07 1997

Re: Another Question

In a message dated 97-03-31 22:35:05 EST, ghItlh Voragh:

> Nobody, that is, but Paramount (and anyone else with access to their
>  "Klingon Database" on the official Paramount-sponsored Star Trek Continuum
>  website on MSN):
>
>     Dahar Master
>     A respected Klingon title of combat skill and acumen (pronounced
>     "dah-HAWRR"), otherwise undetailed. It was learned by Kor -- and
>     possibly Koloth and Kang as well. (Reference: Blood Oath)

 I'm disappointed: I had translated DaHar literally as "you-believe-him" and
assumed that it referred to Kor's skill as a storyteller, an art the
Klingon's seem to appreciate .  I was postulating a social role similar to
the Celtic warrior-bards. Do'Ha'!

Back to archive top level