tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 30 23:21:53 1996

Re: KLBC - "to read" vs "to read about"

<< >Reading about martial arts is less satisfying than practicing martial
arts.
 >I know [laD] is "to read".  So how do I say "to read about" ?

In HolQeD 4:1 (MARCH 1995) I wrote an article regarding "about."

Therefore, my answer to this problem is:  moqbara' qelbogh paq vIlaD
showing {qelbogh} equals "about" in this situation.  As there are many
meanings for the English concept "about," I suggest you not only read the
rest of my article but also discuss on this listserv with the experts even
further ways of expressing these concepts.

Qapla'     peHruS

Back to archive top level