tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 11 01:23:47 1996

Having heard through Power Klingon...

... 1. I definitely hear the word for 'rich' as wagh, rather than waH or
wargh.

2. For "you do not deserve to live" on the opening dialogue, I heard it
as a reasonably clear "DayIntaH 'e' Daqotlhbe'". We shouldn't slag off
the Klingon trader's accent, btw; in my book, his Klingon is just about as
good (and certainly more agressive!) than Okrand's.

3. To my exasperation, PK has both transitive and intransitive usages of
"tagh". Here's hoping this is not a general trend...

--
 Nick Nicholas. Linguistics, Uni. Melbourne.   Dera m"e xham"e t"e larm"e,
 [email protected]            Dera mbas blerimit

Back to archive top level