tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 11 03:22:13 1996

Re: Having heard through Power Klingon...

Nick Nicholas wrote:
> 2. For "you do not deserve to live" on the opening dialogue, I heard
> it as a reasonably clear "DayIntaH 'e' Daqotlhbe'".
I still hear "bIyIntaH", which is more grammatical.  And
"disable" is {Qotlh}, not {qotlh}.  Of course, "You don't tickle that
you continue to live!" could just be one of those odd Klingon idioms.
:)

> the Klingon trader's accent, btw; in my book, his Klingon is just
> about as good (and certainly more agressive!) than Okrand's.
jIQochbe'.

> 3. To my exasperation, PK has both transitive and intransitive usages > of "tagh". Here's hoping this is not a general trend...
I thought {tagh} was already clearly transitive from the "initiate"
gloss.  The fact that it can be used intransitively as well is
convenient - too much so.  A sad Englishish muddying of the waters - I
would have preferred {tagh'egh} for that case.  (Actually, I would
have preferred an intransitive base verb transitivized in the usual
way with {-moH}, but for some reason Dr. Okrand didn't consult with
me when developing the original vocabulary . . .)

-marqoS

--
Mark J. Reed		| http://issl.atl.hp.com/lab/employees/mark
Email: [email protected]     |           HP Internet/System Security Lab

Back to archive top level