tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 09 16:23:58 1996

Re: -neS (was Re: KLBC)

96-09-08 23:48:01 EDT, jatlh trI'Qal:

[jIjatlh]
> >Besides, I kind of liked {De'loD}.
>
>  I found that hard to understand.  I suspect that it would be more proper
>  just say <De'>, and flag it as a name every time... since his name is
>  "Data"; they just call him "Mr. Data" as they would call John Smith "Mr.
> Smith".

Well, I wasn't referring to a translation.  Actually, I meant I liked the
name better, not that I thought it translated better.  If he wants to be
called {De'}, that's his choice, but I think {De'loD} sounds more like a
name.  Not because of its meaning.  Shortly after I chose my name, I became a
proponent of the "choosing a name which doesn't necessarily translate from
Klingon" school.  I still like my name, though, so I don't have any plans to
change it.

In any case, it's up to De'loD/De' joH/whatever to decide his name!

SuStel
Stardate 96692.3

Back to archive top level