tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 04 01:26:14 1996

Re: Klingon Martial Arts

Denny Shortliffe wrote:

> >does anybody out there know of any publications, or information of any
> >form, on Klnigon warrior arts?  a sort of martial arts for Klingons is
> >what I'm looking for, and I'd like more info on it.
> >
> >++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >

> >"Mr. Gideon........
> >
> >You're not paying attention!"
> >

> >               Brandon Lee
> >               the Crow
> >
> >Maddalena Romano
> >[email protected]
> >[email protected]
> >http://pages.nyu.edu/~mqr9304
> >

> >+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >

> >From what I've seen of Terran martial arts, your Jiu-Jitsu is pretty well
> close to what we do.
>
> Qapla'
>
> Sogh qrlIH veStaySortlhIH               Lieutenant K'rlikh Vestai-Shor-Klikh
> tlhIngan wo' Duj qIj leng               Commanding Officer, IKV Black Odyssey
>
> a.k.a.
>
> --
> Denny Shortliffe

Well, I'm only in this group since a short while, but very interested in
the Klingon Martial Arts, where it came from and what it's getting to.
>From what I have observed till now I think Aikido (although the klingon
martial arts seem to be used a tad bit more aggressive), or a form of
Kung Fu fit it best. The slow sequences Worf frequently tens to show
remind much of a Tai Chi Ch'uan which is a slow component of Kung Fu.
The actual fighting however and the handling of the weapons reminds me
more of the way an Aikido-ka uses the stick.

(Yes, I use "reminds me" since this is no complete truth but should
stimulate discussion on the subject so I get my answers too ;)

Qapla'!

QetlhIS

Back to archive top level