tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 04 01:54:35 1996

Re: Klingon Martial Arts

As with Terran Martial Arts, I am sure that Klingon Martial Arts also comes
in many flavors. With the size of the Empire, there must be countless
variations.

It would be interesting to speculate if, like the dialect, the preferred
style of Martial Arts also changes with Emperors...

Qapla'

HoS'etlh Kasara, Sergeant - AKA Ben Warren
Klingon Imperial Diplomatic Corps - http://www.klingon.org
h: [email protected] w: [email protected]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Klingons - Our heads are ribbed for her pleasure
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Support STAR TREK: KLINGON The TV Series
http://home.earthlink.net/~splatgraphic/iktv/iktv.htm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Splat Graphics -Web Site Design Group [email protected]

----------
> From: Oliver Stoll <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Klingon Martial Arts
> Date: Wednesday, September 04, 1996 1:32 AM
>
> Denny Shortliffe wrote:
> >

> > >does anybody out there know of any publications, or information of any
> > >form, on Klnigon warrior arts?  a sort of martial arts for Klingons is
> > >what I'm looking for, and I'd like more info on it.
> > >
> > >++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > >

> > >"Mr. Gideon........
> > >
> > >You're not paying attention!"
> > >

> > >               Brandon Lee
> > >               the Crow
> > >
> > >Maddalena Romano
> > >[email protected]
> > >[email protected]
> > >http://pages.nyu.edu/~mqr9304
> > >

> > >+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > >

> > >From what I've seen of Terran martial arts, your Jiu-Jitsu is pretty
well
> > close to what we do.
> >
> > Qapla'
> >
> > Sogh qrlIH veStaySortlhIH               Lieutenant K'rlikh
Vestai-Shor-Klikh
> > tlhIngan wo' Duj qIj leng               Commanding Officer, IKV Black
Odyssey

> > a.k.a.
> >
> > --
> > Denny Shortliffe
>
> Well, I'm only in this group since a short while, but very interested in
> the Klingon Martial Arts, where it came from and what it's getting to.
> >From what I have observed till now I think Aikido (although the klingon
> martial arts seem to be used a tad bit more aggressive), or a form of
> Kung Fu fit it best. The slow sequences Worf frequently tens to show
> remind much of a Tai Chi Ch'uan which is a slow component of Kung Fu.
> The actual fighting however and the handling of the weapons reminds me
> more of the way an Aikido-ka uses the stick.
>
> (Yes, I use "reminds me" since this is no complete truth but should
> stimulate discussion on the subject so I get my answers too ;)
>

> Qapla'!
>

> QetlhIS

Back to archive top level