tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 30 14:09:17 1996

RE: vIcheghpu' QetlhIS! {{:)

November 29, 1996 9:11 AM, jatlh QetlhIS:

> nuqneH!

qajang vIneH.  nuq DaneH SoH?

> vIcheghpu' QetlhIS!

Erk.  "QetlhIS I have returned it."  You're trying to say "I, QetlhIS, have
returned," right?

jIcheghpu' jIH, *QetlhIS*

> muSeng vay'.

I don't think that {Seng} is transitive in this way.  I'd probably say this as
{munuQvay'}.  Still, it's not a very direct thing for a Klingon to say.  One
would either get to the problem, or say {HIQaH!}

> mu'mey vIleghba'pu'bogh vInej. (I hope i make sense :)

HIja'.  jIyaj.

> mu'meyvam vInej:
>
> muQaHlaH'a' vay'?

taghwI'pu' pabpo' jIH, 'ej qaQaH 'e' vInID.

> <Corridor>, <Path>, <Walkway>,

All of these could be given as {He}.  A walkway could be distinguished by
others by saying {yItmeH He}.

><Hatch>,

{lojmIt}.  If you want more specific, you've got to give me context.  A ship's
hull's hatch?  {Duj Som lojmIt} or {logh lojmIt}.

 <elevator>

Hmmm . . . how about {lengmeH pa'Hom} "little room for traveling."  Not very
good, I'm afraid.

> <North>, <East>, <West>, <South>, <left>, <right>

"left" could be rendered as {poSDaq} "to the left side" and "right" as
{nIHDaq}.  As for the others, there are no words, and there has been great
debate about it.

> <train(ing)>,

qeq

> <shuttlepad (or any place to 'Saq')>

Again, depends on context. {SaqmeH Daq} is "place for landing."

> Duj Delghagh vIneH.

nuqjatlh?!?

> vIQub mu'meyvam vIghajbej tlhIngan Hol.

nuqjatlh?!?  pupbe'chugh tlhIngan HollIj, DIvI' Hol mu'mey yIghItlh je!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level